In this week’s quiz we feature former England and Ipswich town football manager Sir Bobby Robson who sadly passed away last week. The answers to the quiz below can be found at the foot of the reading post about his life.
1. How many different club sides did Sir Bobby Robson manage in his career?
2. Where was Bobby Robson born?
a. The north west of England
b. The north east of England
c. The south of England
d. The south west of England
3. How many footballers or managers have received a knighthood?
Bonus question: How many of them can you name?
4. Over two different spells how many times did Bobby Robson play for Fulham?
a. More than 100 times
b. More than 400 times
c. More than 250 times
d. More than 300 times
5. In what year did Robson become England manager?
6. In which tournament did England fail to qualify under Robson’s management?
a. The European Championships of 1984
b. The European Championships of 1988
c. The World Cup of 1982
d. They always qualified under Robson
7. How many times did Robson play for England?
8. Which European club side did he manage immediately after the World Cup of 1982?
d. Sporting Lisbon
9. What year did Ipswich Town win the FA Cup under Robson?
10. In what year was he fired by Newcastle United?
Read about Sir Bobby Robson’s life here
Attribution: Rockface from Ireland / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)