Football Language Podcast
Since 2006 the languagecaster team have been producing football language podcasts for learners of English. There are different types of podcasts which last between 3 and 15 minutes and include some of the following features:
- Explanations of football language
- A review of the football news – with explanations and vocabulary support
- Some predictions of upcoming games
- A weekly football quiz
- Authentic listening: the podcast is delivered at natural speed and feature real-life stories from the world of football.
- The podcast follows a similar format each week: an introduction, a review of the football week, an explanation of an English football phrase and predictions. All of these sections have language support for learners.
- The show focuses on a particular theme each week – usually something that is in the news at that time, for example, about a famous player or a competition that is taking place.
- As the content is authentic, it may be difficult for lower-level learners so teachers can adapt the tasks from the transcripts.
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below