In this podcast for language learners who love football, Damian and Damon ask four football fans about their highs and lows from the 2006 footballing year. There is also a worksheet for this report (complete with answers) which can be downloaded here.
- Check out our predictions for week 8 here
- Listen only to our main reports here – the transcript and vocabulary will help you understand key phrases and improve your language skills
- Learners of English can also review the footballing news from around the world in the good, the bad and the ugly section
- Listen to the weekly football phrase ‘two-horse race’ here
- Football glossary – this is a huge collection of football vocabulary, football cliches and football phrases with definitions and examples. If you can’t find a phrase you want to understand, send us an email or comment and we’ll try to explain it for you.
- You can also discuss any football language questions you may have on our forums
A podcast is like a radio show that you can hear on your computer or your mp3 player (e.g. an i-pod). There are different ways of listening to our football podcasts: