Sealed with a kiss

Home Forums Football Language Football Cliches Sealed with a kiss

Welcome to languagecaster.com's football language forums - the place to ask any questions you may have about the language of football. Ask about explanations of football phrases or words. You can also share your favourite cliches, phrases and interesting football headlines here.

Register | Login | Guidelines | Contact us

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Amadeu
      Participant

Hi my friends.

I don’t know if Sealed with a kiss is a cliche but I saw under a picture this definition as a title/headline/introduction whatever.

What does that mean?

Sealed with a kiss: Fernandinho earner the man of the match award for his excellent display

Sealed with a kiss : ?

Originally the phrase ‘sealed with a kiss‘ refer to a letter sent from one lover to another with the meaning of sending the letter with love.

In football, to seal a victory means that one team has ensured victory and the other side has been beaten. The image of Fernandinho will probably either show him being kissed (congratulated) by his colleague or of him blowing a kiss to the crowd as he celebrates a victory.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Languagecaster

Learn English Through FootballWelcome to the website that helps students interested in football improve their English language skills. Football fans can practise with lots of free language resources, including football-language podcasts and our huge football-language glossary.

Contact Us