World Cup 2010
A collection of resources for teachers and learners of English who are fans of football and especially the World Cup. Listening and reading materials include: country profiles, predictions, current and past World Cup stars and posts about the qualifying campaign.
Download and listen to our FREE World Cup podcast with full language support for learners of English, including transcripts and vocabulary
Every day during the World Cup, the languagecaster team will be explaining a football phrase or cliche connected to this summer’s tournament.
Every day during the World Cup Damon and Damian battle it out for the languagecaster predictions crown. 3 points for a win and 1 for the correct result.
We feature a series of audio reports (with transcripts) that spotlight countries taking part in the biggest soccer competition in the world
We have a huge selection of World Cup posts including group reviews and polls
Read and listen to a selection of posts about current and past World Cup stars
Selection of World Cup Posts
- Should the Vuvuzela be Banned?
- Podcast 2: England vs the Media
- World Cup Winners and Dark Horses
- World Cup Groups: Preview
- Diego Maradona – The Greatest?
- Pele – The Greatest?
- Greatest Ever World Cup moment?
- Report on FIFA
- Honduras’ World Cup Chances
- 1966 World Cup Final Video Report
- Ireland – France World Cup Qualifier