Football Language Quiz: Listening Gap Fill – The Last Week of the Premier League: The season ended last week in the Premier League and this listening activity is taken from last week’s Languagecaster Learn English Through Football Podcast.
Listen to the audio below and fill in the blank spaces.
Football Language Quiz: Listening Gap Fill – The Last Week of the Premier League
Check out our glossary of footballing phrases here. Don’t forget that you can contact us here at languagecaster via our various social media platforms: Facebook’s Learning English Through Football, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Spread the word, ask a question on our forums, make a suggestion or simply drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vocabulary – verb phrases used in this report and in football
- To defeat another team: to beat
- To lift a trophy: to win a competition
- To win (Number) games in a row: to record (Number) wins one after the other
- To be injured: to be harmed, suffer an injury
- To be thrashed: be beaten badly
- To be relegated: to drop down a division/tier
- To get off to a good start: to start the season/game well
Free football language podcast for learners of English brought to you by Damian and Damon. Interviews, match reviews, predictions all with full language support for football fans around the world who wish to improve their English language skills.