The group stage of the 2020 Euros is now over and after 36 games we say goodbye to 8 of the 24 participating nations. In our own languagecaster predictions competition we still have 24 participants involved with grell leading on 33 points. There are two players behind the leader on 31 (Adey and Fugesi) and then Davep457 another point back, while we then have a cluster of players on 29 including huahua and Cole law. Incredibly, only 6 points separates the top 13 players so a couple of perfect results may see some changes over the next set of matches.
The knockout stage begins on Saturday when Wales take on Denmark and then Italy face Austria. On Sunday the Dutch will play the Czech Republic followed by a mouth-watering tie between the holders Portugal and the number one ranked side in the world Belgium. Remember that it’s three points for a perfect score, so for example, if you think Wales will beat Denmark 1-0 and this is the exact final score (after 90 minutes) then you receive three points. You can get one point for the right result for example, the game between Italy and Austria finishes 1-1 and you chose a different score but the right result (e.g. 0-0; 2-2 or 3-3) then you will receive 1 point. Good luck everyone with your predictions!
- Three points for a perfect score. For example, if you think Italy will beat Turkey 2-0 in the opening game and this is the exact final score then you receive three points.
- One point for the right result. For example, if the game between England and Scotland finishes 1-1 and you chose a different score but the right result (e.g. 0-0; 2-2 or 3-3) then you will receive 1 point.
- For knock-out games the scores are up to 90 minutes – not extra time
- 2020 Euros Day 11: In the balance
- 2020 Euros Day 10: Send a team home
- 2020 Euros Day 9: Frame of the goal
- 2020 Euros Day 8: Sweet Volley
- 2020 Euros Day 7: Hit their stride
- 2020 Euros Day 6: Ballooned over
- 2020 Football Podcast: Patrik Schick’s Goal
- 2020 Euros Podcast – Pull one back
- 2020 Euros Predictions Day 2
- 2020 Euros Through Numbers Podcast
- 2020 Euros Poll
- 2020 Euros Day 2: Pounce on a mistake
- 2020 Euros predictions