Learn English Through Football
Welcome to the website that helps students interested in football improve their English language skills. Soccer fans can enhance these skills with lots of free language resources:
• A weekly football-language podcast
• A huge football glossary
• A page full of football cliches
• Weekly football quizzes
I was born in London but grew up in Ireland and I am a Tottenham and Ireland fan. I have been playing, watching and talking about football since I was 5 years old so it kind of makes sense to do something like this. When I am not thinking about football I am teaching English and wondering what to do now I have finished a doctorate in education. Probably just watch more football.
I was born and brought up near Chester in the north west of England. I have always loved playing and talking about sport, especially football. I’m a Liverpool fan, although now I have to watch most games late at night in Japan. I am an English teacher, teaching in Tokyo and at the weekend I manage to play a bit of Sunday league football.
- 6 Reasons to use languagecaster in the classroom
- How to use this website
- Read about languagecaster in this article from The Language Teacher
- We also got a mention in a CNN article on translating football language
- We also feature on the TES Teaching Resources page
- For more information and tips on how to use the site visit the help page here
FAQ | Ayuda | ヘルプ | Bantuan | Português | Chinese
We would not be able to put together this website without the help of friends, colleagues and family members. So a big thank you to those who have written blogs and comments, patiently agreed to be interviewed, helped with translations (Translators: John, Hortensia, Zoe Thompson, Ana Luisa and Y Atsumi), given up their time for the site, proofread the transcripts, given suggestions or simply passed on the word about the site to others. Thank you indeed.