This week’s Learn English Through Football Podcast continues with the World Cup theme by interviewing author James Broadbridge about his new book on the mystery of the Jules Rimet trophy – ‘The Lost Cup’. Our weekly English for Football phrase is ‘mazy run‘ and our predictions feature games from the Premier League, including the North London derby, the Bundesliga and the Champions League.
The main features of the show can be found below:
- Listen only to the main report here – the transcript and vocabulary will help you understand key phrases and improve your language skills
- Check out this week’s predictions here
- Listen to this week’s football phrase ‘mazy run‘
- Learn English by asking a footballing question or questions about the English language in our forum section
- Football glossary – this is a huge collection of football vocabulary, football cliches and football phrases with definitions and examples. If you can’t find a phrase you want to understand, send us an email or comment and we’ll try to explain it for you.
More information on James’s book can be found here
Listen to Languagecaster.com’s football podcast
A podcast is like a radio show that you can hear on your computer or your mp3 player (e.g. an i-pod). There are different ways of listening to our football podcasts: