In order for students of the beautiful game to understand and use the language of football, languagecaster has set up a football-language resources page. Click on the links below to access all of the free content on our site. If you have questions or comments about this or any other phrase then email us at: email@example.com.
- The FOOTBALL GLOSSARY is a page with a huge selection of football terms, phrases and vocabulary that are organised in alphabetical order. You can find all kinds of cliches, expressions and technical terms, as well as a variety of categories about many football-related subjects: transfers, football nicknames, match-day language, managers and much more.
- Every week on the languagecaster podcast Damon and Damian feature an ENGLISH FOR FOOTBALL phrase that is commonly used in football. By visiting this page you can listen again to the explanation of each week’s phrase while reading the transcript.
- On many weeks we have a reading post that reviews the main football stories from around the world in the GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY.
- Maybe you want to know more about FOOTBALL CLICHES? Then click here to find out what (and why!) players, managers and fans simply love football cliches.
- For many of our podcasts there is also a WORKSHEET which comes with a transcript and a set of answers. The theme of the worksheet focuses on the main report of each week’s show.
- Of course, we also have a free weekly PODCAST for fans of football who wish to practise their English language. The show lasts about 15 minutes and follows the same format each week: an introduction, a review of the football week, a main report, an explanation of an English football phrase and predictions. All of these sections have language support for learners.
Free football language podcast for learners of English brought to you by Damian and Damon. Interviews, match reviews, predictions all with full language support for football fans around the world who wish to improve their English language skills.